Library As Learning Resource
Objectives & Policies of Library
- To create awareness among the students & teachers about latest information in their field.
- To help the students in getting required information.
- To support each & every educational activity of the college.
- To work as an information storehouse for the college & for the tribal region of Chikhaldara.
- To support Career Guidance Cell.
- To make the students & teachers aware of latest information in their field.
- To provide computer based services like Internet, E-mail, OPAC etc.
Library Advisory Committee
- Dr. V.R.Patil (I/C Principal) (Chairman)
- Dr. S.G.Mahajan (Librarian) (Secretary)
- Dr. A.V.Dudul (Head Deptt. Of Marathi) (Member)
- Prof.K.N.Shah (Deptt. of Food Science) (Member)
- Prof.S.L.Kottewar (Deptt. of Commerce) (Member)
- Shri P.S.Tayade (Senior Clark) (Member)
- Mr. Maur Kharate (Student Representative) (Member)
Functions of Library Advisory Committee
- To frame book selection policy.
- Forming library budget.
- To solve the problems of users.
- To help in the progress of Library.
- To frame various policies regarding development & extension activities.
- To keep co-operation between library & various departments of college.
- To provide guidelines about various library services.
- To promote library use.
- The borrower can borrow one book for 8 days only.
- After 8 days, borrower will have to pay a fine of 1Rupee per day.
- To avoid penalty, the user should get the book date renewed.
- Borrower will have to pay the cost of the book in full for any loss or damage.
- A book may be reserved in advance on demand.
- Readers should make an entry in the register before availing the facility of news papers, reference book etc.
- Reference Books & Periodicals will not be issued out of library.
- In case of loss of Borrower’s Ticket the Borrower must report the loss immediately to the librarian. Fresh Borrower Ticket will be issued against payment of Rs.10/-
- Outsiders are allowed to have library services under Book Bank Scheme or by paying Deposit.
- In case of loss or damage of book there will be penalty as per the situation.
Special Features of Library:
- Open Access System
- Fully Automated In-house Operations
- Digital Library Section
- Reference Section
- Periodical Section
- Reading Section
- Computerized Library Services
- N-LIST Online E-Resources
- Broad Band INTERNET Service
- Campus Network Using Wi-Fi Technology
- News Paper Clipping.
- Reference Service.
- Article Indexing
- Reprographic Service
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
- Access to Free Journals through INTERNET
- Multimedia Service through A/V aids
- Automated House Keeping Operations (Ex. Acquisition Circulation,
Serial Control etc.)
- Dindarshika (Display of Information about Great Personalities on their Birth
- Current Awareness through Periodicals & News Papers.
- Extension Service: Service to Local People.
- Broad Band Internet Service: E-mail, Literature Search.
- Library Consultancy Service
- Other General Library Services