The Best Student Award
Since establishment of the best student award committee in 2004, every year through a well defined process the Best Student of the year is selected.
- To encourage students for better academic performance.
- Personality development of students
- To create affinity for college among students
- To develop social view among students
- Step I: Nomination of students by all the departments and committees.
For the nomination of the students by all the departments of the college and by committees – Career Guidance Cell, NSS, Sports committee and Cultural committee, the best student award committee provides a format to all. The departments have to consider student’s Annual Examination Result, Unit Test Performance, Attendance, Participation in subject/college/university level activities and Behaviour. While nominating students all the members of the concerned departments and committees are asked to discuss about the nomination work and decide name thereafter. All the concerned teachers have to sign on the nomination format. The committees have to consider student’s participation, performance and behaviour regarding the activities of that particular committee.
- Step II: Written test, group discussion and interview of top ten students.
Top ten students are selected for the screening through written test, group discussion and interview. The written test is to check the student’s thinking power and attitude.
Through group discussion panel check leading tendency, presentation skill, time management and communication skill of the students. The aim of interview of the students is to check their affinity for the college, personality and general awareness.
Finally, the best student of the year is selected on the basis of total marks obtained by the students in Committees viz. NSS, Sports, Cultural and career guidance cell; Written Test, Group Discussion and Interview.
The name of the best student is announced in the cultural program of the college. The atmosphere at the time of award ceremony seems to electrified and jubilant. All the students of the college are enthusiastic about this award. A big Trophy and Certificate signed by the President, Sipna Shikshan Prasarak Mandal, Amravati; Principal, Arts, Science and Commerce College and Convener of the best student award committee is given to the students.
The students who got award are:
- Chanchanmala P. Dande (2004-2005)
- Amol A. Chepe (2005-2006)
- Sharad G. Porate (2006-2007)
- Satish Dakhode ( 2007-2008 )
- Vivek Tembhare ( 2008-2009 )
- Sanjay A. Kujur ( 2009-2010)
- Marina Daniel (2010-2011)
- Priya S. Burange (2011-2012)
- Pushpa B. Zamarkar (2012-2013)
- Sagar S. Mandaogade (2013-2014)
- Manoj P. Yeole (2014-2015)
- Nilesh N. Khadke (2015-2016)
- Yogesh N. Manohare (2016-2017)
- Ekta J. Kanase (2017-2018)
- Sunil Chavhan (2018-19)
The students are very much enthusiastic about this award. They work hard to get this award.
17 total views, 2 views today